Gulflander & Savannahlander – via Forsayth (Normanton Departure)
Get yourself to Normanton by Tuesday travelling by car, foot, camel train, wheelbarrow or fly in from Cairns or Mt Isa. Spend the night in Normanton as part of our tour including dinner and breakfast the next morning. Catch Wednesday’s Gulflander to Croydon. After lunch at the historic Croydon general store and a tour of the town you transfer by bus to Forsayth and stay for two nights at Finnigans Rest. A tour of Cobbold Gorge is included during your lay over on Thursday. Friday morning you join the Savannahlander for the trip back to Cairns staying in Mt Surprise where there is an afternoon tour of the Undara Lava Tubes (included).
This tour is available from the first week after Easter until the end of October each year, as the transfer service between Croydon and Forsayth only operates seasonally.
While you are welcome to get to Normanton any way you choose – a popular option is to fly there. Currently Regional Express run a service from Cairns to Normanton that arrives conveniently on a Tuesday afternoon. Please check their website for availability and to purchase your tickets at www.rex.com.au. Please note that all transfers and meals in Normanton and Cairns are your own responsibility.
This tour is available from the first week of April until the end of October each year, as the transfer service between Croydon and Forsayth only operates seasonally.
Your trip includes:
- Accommodation at the Gulflander Motel with dinner and breakfast
- Travel on the Gulflander from Normanton to Croydon.
- Morning tea at Blackbull during the Gulflander trip
- 2 nights at Finnigans Rest with dinners and breakfasts
- Forsayth by Night Ghost Tour
- 3 hour tour of Cobbold Gorge and lunch at Cobbold Village
- Travel on the Savannahlander from Forsayth to Cairns.
- Accommodation, dinner and Breakfast at Bedrock Village (Mt Surprise).
- Optional accommodation and tour at the Undara Lava Experience.
- Transfers from Croydon to Forsayth.
- Tour of the Undara Lava Tubes – regardless of your accommodation venue on Friday night.
Due to their popularity, we have included the Cobbold and Lava Tube Tours in this package, however you are free to request they be deleted from your itinerary when you book. The table below shows how much is subtracted from the tour cost for each of the options. There is also an option to include an overnight stay and tour at the Undara Experience Lava Lodge. The upgrade price is shown in the table below:
2018 addon/subtract prices for Gulflander Savannahlander tour
- Remove the Tour of Cobbold Gorge – Leaves Thursday as a free day in Forsayth
- Remove the Tour of the Lava Tube – This leaves you free to do your own thing in Mt Surprise on Friday Afternoon
- Include a Tour and Stay at Undara Expereince – Stay at the Undara Lava Lodge and tour the tubes. Your accommodation will be in the restored and ensuited Railway Carriages by preference, or in the wonderful Pioneer Huts (also ensuited) if the carriages are unavailable. You will also have dinner and a Bush Breakfast in the morning and then return to Mt Surprise for the train on Saturday Morning.
Adult Child Single Supp Remove Cobbold Tour -$105 -$52 Remove Tour Undara (ex- Mt Surprise) -$60 -$30 Add Stay at Undara Lava Lodge $150 $75 $76