Gulflander & Savannahlander – Normanton Departure
Get yourself to Normanton by Tuesday travelling by car, foot, camel train, wheelbarrow or fly in from Cairns or Mt Isa. Spend one night at the Normanton Tourist Park. Catch Wednesday’s Gulflander to Croydon. After lunch and a tour of the town you transfer by bus to Forsayth and stay for two nights at the Forsayth Tourist Park. A tour of Cobbold Gorge is included during your lay over on Thursday. Friday morning you join the Savannahlander for the trip back to Cairns staying at the Bedrock Village van park where there is an afternoon Lava Tube tour included.
This tour is available from the first week after Easter until the end of October each year, as the transfer service between Croydon and Forsayth only operates seasonally.
While you are welcome to get to Normanton any way you choose – a popular option is to fly there. Currently Regional Express run a service from Cairns to Normanton that arrives conveniently on a Tuesday afternoon. Please check their website for availability and to purchase your tickets at www.rex.com.au. Please note that all transfers and meals in Normanton and Cairns are your own responsibility.
Your trip includes:
- One nights accommodation in Normanton (Tuesday Night)
- Travel on the Gulflander from Normanton to Croydon.
- Morning tea at Blackbull, during the Gulflander Trip
- Travel on the Savannahlander from Forsayth to Cairns.
- En-suite accommodation at the Forsayth Tourist Park and Bedrock Village Van Park.
- Transfers from Croydon to Forsayth.
- Tours of Cobbold Gorge and a Lava Tube
- Dinner and breakfast at Forsayth and Mt Surprise.
Due to their popularity, we have included the Cobbold and Lava Tube Tours in this package, however you are free to request they be deleted from your itinerary when you book. The table below shows how much is subtracted from the tour cost for each of the options. There is also an option to include an overnight stay and tour at the Undara Experience Lava Lodge. The upgrade price is shown in the table below:
- Remove the Tour of Cobbold Gorge – Leaves Thursday as a free day in Forsayth
- Remove the Tour of the Lava Tube – This leaves you free to do your own thing in Mt Surprise on Friday Afternoon
- Include a Tour and Stay at Undara Expereince – Stay in Restored Railway carriages at Undara, and tour the tubes. Return to Mt Surprise for the train on Saturday Morning.
Adult Child Single Supp Remove Cobbold Tour -$109 -$54 Remove Tour Undara -$50 -$25 Add Stay / Tour Undara $130 $120 $35