Gulflander & Savannahlander – via Forsayth (Cairns Departure)
Depart Cairns Monday morning by Trans North coach and arrive in Normanton in the afternoon. Spend two nights in Normanton and catch Wednesday’s Gulflander to Croydon. After lunch and a tour of the town you transfer by bus to Forsayth and stay for two nights at the Forsayth Tourist Park. A tour of Cobbold Gorge is included during your lay over on Thursday. Friday morning you join the Savannahlander for the trip back to Cairns staying overnight in Mt Surprise where there is an afternoon Lava Tube tour included.
This tour is available from the first week after Easter until the end of October each year, as the transfer service between Croydon and Forsayth only operates seasonally.
Your trip includes:
- Coach transfer from Cairns to Normanton.
- Travel on the Gulflander from Normanton to Croydon.
- Morning tea at Blackbull during the Gulflander trip
- Travel on the Savannahlander from Forsayth to Cairns.
- En-suite accommodation in Normanton, Forsayth and Mt Surprise.
- Transfers from Croydon to Forsayth.
- Tours of Cobbold Gorge and a Lava Tube
- Dinner and breakfast for your entire tour. (ie. starting with dinner on the Monday through to breakfast on the Saturday)
Due to their popularity, we have included the Cobbold and Undara Lava Tube Tours in this package, however you are free to request they be deleted from your itinerary when you book. There is also an option to include an overnight stay and tour at the Undara Experience Lava Lodge:
- Remove the Tour of Cobbold Gorge – Leaves Thursday as a free day in Forsayth
- Remove the Tour of Undara – This leaves you free to do your own thing in Mt Surprise on Friday Afternoon
- Include a Tour and Stay at Undara Expereince – Stay at the Undara Lava Lodge and tour the tubes. Your accommodation will be in the restored and ensuited Railway Carriages by preference, or in the wonderful Pioneer Huts (also ensuited) if the carriages are unavailable. You will also have dinner and a Bush Breakfast in the morning and then return to Mt Surprise for the train on Saturday Morning.